MSA has over twenty-five years of experience in government contract management for a wide variety of contract types. We have built a reputation as a reliable partner for clients in defense, civil government and private organizations. Since 1990, we have executed over 52 prime contracts and task orders in the areas of Operational Test and Evaluation, Human Factors Engineering and Emergency Management.
Through our creativity, clarity of purpose, and commitment to operational excellence, MSA will grow into an expanding workforce of highly competent team members who are known for producing exciting, collaborative solutions that make a significant contribution to our clients' success.
We have made it our mission is to serve those that support the public interest. We are passionate about our Warfighters and the preparedness of our nation. We work diligently to evaluate defense systems, ensure continuity of operations and support mission critical programs that are aligned with our passion and mission.
- On Time and On Budget - Our strong program management approach and tracking allows for us to deliver our services timely and on budget.
- Competitive Pricing - We are conservative in nature allowing us to keep our rates low with our biggest investment being in our employees. This allows for competitive pricing and a happy team.
- Lean and Agile - We believe in quality and not quantity. Our team is small but very efficient, allowing us to pass the cost savings on to our clients.
- Responsive - Our organization is flat giving you access to key decision-makers and allowing for quick turnarounds.
- Secure - We employ a full time and deputy Facilities Security Officer and adhere to all of the requirements needed to work on projects at the most secure levels. In addition, we adhere to strict cyber security guidelines that allow for us to constantly monitor for threats and helps ensure that we don't compromise our clients systems.
OUR CORPORATE PHILOSOPHY
By design, the services we provide help positively impact the world that we live in. Our family is driven by the belief we should 'leave the world a better place than we found it.' This belief has helped shape the services that we provide.
Our values provide the framework for leadership and exceptional service that our clients, our partners and our team members have come to expect.
- Honesty, Integrity and Respect - Our business depends on the trust of our partners, maintaining that trust is of the utmost importance to us.
- Commitment to Client Success - We cannot succeed if our clients don’t thrive; your success is our success.
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation - The world never stops changing, and we never stop evolving.
- Exceeding Expectations - For our clients and our employees, we push ourselves to go beyond what is required, delivering exceptional service.
- Community Service & Corporate Responsibility - We are in the business of strengthening our country, and we believe that strong communities make for a strong nation.
MEET THE FAMILY BEHIND MSA
Every company needs a vision to guide its growth, its success and its mission. From the beginning, Man- Machine Systems Assessment has been inspired by the concept of family and leaving the world a better place.
Cal Harris started MSA in 1990 after a long career in the Navy and more than ten years as a consultant working with government contractors. He believed in service to his clients and to his employees and wanted to create an environment where the two halves of a company would thrive.
MSA has grown strategically over the years, focusing on agile client service and building a solid foundation for its employees. Low turnover rates ensure that our clients receive unfaltering, exceptional service from the MSA team. We seek opportunities to work with new clients and partners, but we take pride in the fact that so much of our business comes from established client relationships.
Today, Cal’s vision is carried on by Lilly Harris in her role as President and CEO. For Lilly, MSA has always been about family—both of her parents played pivotal roles in the company over the last two decades.
Lilly has worn many hats at MSA, serving as marketing director, HR director, chief financial officer and executive vice president. Since taking the reins in 2008, she has expanded MSA’s core offerings, increased revenue, and streamlined operations.
"What started as a small dream has evolved into an industry leader, dedicated to customer satisfaction by investing in the creativity and ingenuity of its employees...” - Lilly Harris, HEQ Magazine
We believe our company has a responsibility to give back to the community. We invest in causes that promote the well being of our local communities, support the education of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) K-12, and serve as FEMA Collation and Red Cross Ready Members promoting Business and Family Preparedness.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
We are honored and humbled by all of the recognition we have received from our community throughout the years.
- El Paso District 8(a) Graduate of the Year — SBA, October 2012
- Top Family - Owned Businesses in DC — SmartCEO, May 2016
- Brava! Award Winner — SmartCEO, July 2011
- Women Who Mean Business Rising Star — Washington Business Journal, October 2009
- 40 under 40 Readers Choice Winner — Washington Business Journal, October 2011
- Executive Management Awards, Top CFO— SmartCEO, March 2013
- Smart 100 — SmartCEO, March 2011
- Minority Business Leader — Washington Business Journal, April 2010
- Top 500 Women-Owned Businesses in the US — DiversityBusiness.com, April 2011
- Top 100 8(a) Businesses in the US — DiversityBusiness.com, April 2011
- Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in 2011 — Hispanic Business, September 2011
- Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Business in America — Inc. Magazine, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015
- Top 500 Hispanic - Owned Business in America — Hispanic Business, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015
- AFCEA Heroine in Technology Finalist — October 2011
- "All in the Family" — SmartCEO, September 2012
- Profile: "Minority business success: Persistence in tough times" — El Paso Times, October 2012
- Profile: "Holding Her Own" — Hispanic Executive, January 2011
- Profile: Lilly Harris and MSA — Leaders Portfolio Radio, May 2011
- Profile: Lilly Harris and MSA — Executive Leaders Radio, January 2011
- "Ten Tech CEO's You Should Know in 2011" — SmartCEO, February 2011
- Interview: Agencies Review Continuity plans as hurricane nears — Federal News Radio, August 2011
- Interview: "Million Dollar Panel" — Virginia Women's Business Conference, November 2012