In life, success is the preferred outcome. In emergency management, success should be the only outcome. You can’t afford to uncover faults in your preparedness plans mid-crisis. We recommend any plan adheres to these guidelines.
- Your objectives are measured
- Your plans are tested
- Your personnel are trained
- Your program has been exercised
Active Shooter Training and Exercise
From large Federal agencies to small counties and colleges, MSA has extensive experience performing training and conducting exercises with agencies of all sizes. Our active shooter preparedness training and exercises are customized to meet the need of your organization.
Click here for more information on our Active Shooter Training.
Continuity of Operations
Our experts possess comprehensive skill sets in the continuity arena, including the implementation of Business Continuity Planning (BCP). By applying our time-tested processes, we develop adaptive programs to fit each client’s individual needs.
Click here to learn more about our Continuity of Operations offerings.
Critical Infrastructure Protection
Planning for response and recovery is only half the solution; the other half is preventing disruption and protecting infrastructure.
MSA can develop, update, or maintain your Critical Infrastructure Protection program, from risk and vulnerability assessment, gap analysis, and strategic recommendations to implementation plans, project management, and coordination with multiple jurisdictions.
Events of the past decade highlighted the need for a rapid, two-way mass emergency notification system. Our solution leverages strategic partnerships to provide the ability to send messages on multiple platforms with the click of the button.
MSALERT is built for the enterprise, spanning the entire industry spectrum—including local/state/federal government, higher education, financial services, transportation, energy, and healthcare.
Occupant Emergency Planning
An Occupant Emergency Plan (OEP) minimizes the negative impact of emergencies to personnel and property. We provide guidance and support through every phase of the OEP development process, using industry best-practices and collaborating with local first responders, law enforcement, public works entities, and other building tenants.
Pandemic and Crisis Communications
MSA uses a multilayered, all-hazards approach to Public Health and Risk Communications. This approach creates a flexible, scalable preparedness framework, allowing your organization to adapt and respond to new strains by modifying existing protocols. Additionally, we provide clients with hazard-specific guidance for unique disruptions, such as the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic Influenza.
MSA has supported agencies such as the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in developing Points of Distribution (POD) centers for dispensing mass prophylaxis antibiotics, vaccinations, and personal protective equipment (PPE) like face masks, antiseptic hand wash.
Risk and Impact Assessments
Our clients provide a multitude of services to the American people and can not afford to wait for a crisis to determine which services must be continued during an emergency. The Homeland Security & Emergency Management team exceeds federal continuity requirements by conducting risk and impact assessments using an industry proven and client customized approach.
Test, Training and Exercise Support
Implementing the training element of the TT&E program is the first step in building your organization’s operational capabilities for continuity related activities.
Click here to learn more about our TT&E support services.
Questions about our Homeland Security & Emergency Management services? Contact Justin Pierce at 202.408.0042 or email us to learn more about how we can assist you.
Relevant Past Performance
- Lead, designed, facilitated, and controlled over 50 full-scale, functional, and/or tabletop exercises. This includes not limited to: TOPOFF, TOPOFF CPX, Forward Challenge, and Pinnacle series, Active Shooter, Hazardous Material, Cyber Security and Pandemic exercises.
- Participated in the National Level Exercise/Eagle Horizon (15X) - Every client that set the goal to achieve "Green" scores achieved it with our support!!
- Provided support to over 10 Federal agencies with their Continuity of Planning (COOP) needs.
Relevant Staff Credentials
- Project Management and Lean Six Sigma Certified
- (2) FEMA Master Continuity Practitioner Professionals (there are less than 95 in the entire county)
- (4) FEMA Continuity Practitioner Level I
- (2) FEMA Instructional Delivery for Subject Matter Experts Certified
- (3) Certified Business Continuity Professionals
- (5) Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) Certified
- (1) Master Exercise Practitioner