Salary: $70,000.00 to $78,000.00 /year
MSA is seeking an Occupational Health and Safety specialist to assist in the design, development, and maintenance of a comprehensive occupational safety and health program for a Federal agency with approximately five offices located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- Ability to present training content in large or small group settings
- Develop high-quality briefings and trainings including the use of PowerPoint multimedia presentations.
- Assists and coordinates safety operations activities
- Provides guidance to Federal personnel (including supervisors and managers) to assist them in the interpretation of and compliance with health, safety, and environmental-related contract requirements.
- Assist in routine inspections, investigations, and audits. Compiles reports and findings of surveys and audits for review and makes corrective action recommendations as required.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive occupational safety and health program that addresses environmental management, safety, fire protection and prevention, industrial hygiene, and occupational health services for all civilian, contractor, and visitors
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local safety, occupational health, fire prevention/protection and environmental, natural resource and cultural resource statutes and regulations; as well as other applicable Federal policies, regulations, and requirements.
- Develop and maintain a Safety Plan as needed
- Manage and perform scheduled and unscheduled safety inspections
- Additional duties as assigned
- BA/BS from an accredited university/college or significant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in occupational safety and health(salary commensurate with experience)
- Work side by side with our clients to solve tough problems, delivering outstanding client service
- Produce high quality work products and solutions to complex projects
- US citizenship required (no dual citizenship)
- Active Secret clearance required
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V