Salary: $85,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Seeking a 1099 consultant or employee to provide support thorough September. Opportunity for long term employment possible after the initial period of performance.
MSA is seeking a consultant with experience supporting Federal Government continuity and emergency management programs. The candidate must have knowledge of Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Continuity of Government (COG) and be familiar with Federal emergency management policies and concepts, including Presidential Policy Directive (PPD) 40 and Federal Continuity Directives (FCDs) 1 and 2. Minimum of four (4) years progressive experience required.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing onsite support to a Federal government client in the areas of COOP and occupant emergency programs.
- Identifying and advising client regarding emergency management and business continuity best practices.
- Implementing risk mitigation and business resiliency strategies.
- Assisting federal client to manage emergencies and coordinate after action reviews to identify areas for improvement.
- Promoting emergency awareness among the workforce.
- Coordinating efforts of stakeholders across the organization.
- Developing and maintaining program plans, policies, and procedures.
- Conducting business impact and business process analyses.
- Developing and facilitating group training courses and briefings.
- Developing and delivering exercise programs in accordance with Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) principles and guidance.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum four (4) years progressive experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present to stakeholders.
- Experience on Government projects required.
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- US Citizenship required.
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
- Master’s degree.
- Three (3) years experience related to a government consulting or homeland security environment preferred, preferably in mission-critical or operational roles.
- Federal continuity certification, FEMA Professional Development Series, and HSEEP training.
- Knowledge working in SharePoint, or a similar collaboration environment.
- Experience with emergency communications systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V
Job Type: Temporary to Full Time
$40-42/hr for 1099. 85-90K for salaried employee for full time hire.