MSA is an award-winning, Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) supporting the evaluation of America’s defense systems since 1990. MSA is passionate about supporting our Warfighters and contributing to the preparedness of our nation; working diligently to evaluate defense systems, ensuring continuity of operations while supporting mission essential programs critical to our national security. Our capabilities include: Operational Test & Evaluation, Ballistic Missile Defense, Integrated Logistics Support, Human Systems Integration, CBRNE Force Protection, Suitability, Continuity of Operations Planning and Exercise Design and Development. MSA holds the following designations: WOSB, SDB, MBE, DBE, SWaM.
MSA is seeking a Vice President, Business Development – DoD/Army. This position will report directly to the CEO and will work with business unit VPs to help expand or services to DoD agencies.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead growth and development of new business opportunities within the DoD/SETA/Army Portfolio
- Develop and manage relationships with customers and partners to identify and capture new programs
- Outline and execute MSA win strategy for DoD/Army pursuits
- Opportunity ownership from deal identification through the hand off to Capture Management by developing gate review content and advising the executive team on opportunity pursuit rationale and win strategy
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams during the opportunity lifecycle phase
- Articulate the customer perspective from opportunity introduction through contract delivery
- Articulate MSA value proposition across the Federal marketplace
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and document and present information
- Minimum of ten (10) years successful relevant experience in business development, preferably for the federal government contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in work or military experience
- Significant experience in and/or knowledge of US Government and Military specifically with Army Test and Evaluation Command, Army Evaluation Center, Army Research Lab, Edgewood Chemical Biological Center and similar Federal Agencies.
- Working knowledge at following locations: Aberdeen Proving Grounds (primary), Huntsville, AL and Colorado Springs, CO.
- Knowledge, experience, and proven success in the capture process for different large contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus, IDIQ, multiple award, etc.).
- Customer knowledge in the client base with proven ability to build new and leverage existing business connections.
- Ability and demonstrated track record of leading and winning $10-100M opportunities within the customer base.