Salary: $90,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
Man-Machine Systems Assessment (MSA) is an award-winning, Woman-Owned Small Business celebrating over 29 years in business. Seeking a technical analyst with expertise in conducting analysis on all phases of kill vehicle performance. The candidate will provide system and element performance analysis for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Operational Test Agency (OTA) Team. The BMDS OTA Team provides an independent operational assessment of the BMDS capability to defend the United States, its deployed forces, friends, and allies against ballistic missiles of all ranges and in all phases of flight. This is an immediate opening located in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Conduct detailed analysis of kill vehicle performance as tested in BMDS flight and ground events.
- The position requires the ability to use MATLAB- and Python-based tools to extract test data and analyze weapon system performance.
- Ability to apply engineering principles and scientific investigative techniques to support planning, execution, analysis, assessment, and reporting on the strategic and theater/regional BMDS.
- Participate in meetings and test events, which may include overseas travel, and carefully document complete and accurate observations noted in test events.
- Perform analysis of test events to support assessments of the BMDS, and prepare briefings and reports summarizing analysis and assessments.
- Work autonomously as well as lead teams of engineers and scientists to investigate complex system behavior, and produce complete technical products.
- Direct technical work of others, assess complex systems through a synthesis of analytical results and expert judgment, review technical documentation, conduct analytical studies and prepare technical reports/briefings on research findings.
- More experienced candidates are also expected to demonstrate innovative application of technical skills to develop intellectual property, solve challenging problems, and serve as a source of professional and technical knowledge accumulated through experience.
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be proficient with office automation tools.
- Must have experience with one or more operational kinetic intercept weapons.
- Experience analyzing Infrared (IR) sensors as well as data fusion techniques.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:conducting complex analytical studies, developing or adapting analysis tools to suit needs, building reusable, well documented MATLAB/Python utilities, assessing the suitability, effectiveness, survivability, and interoperability of complex military systems, and evaluating threat intelligence information as it pertains to system performance.
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 6-12 years of experience or a Master’s degree and 4-10 years of experience, or Ph.D. and 2-8 years experience in one of the following disciplines: engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, or computer science.
Secret Clearance required.
At MSA, you will be part of a diverse team of experts working to strengthen the preparedness of our Nation through innovation in technical and analytical services. While our typical team member has a master’s degree in his or her field of expertise, we also have a mix of Ph.D. scientists, analysts, and technicians – many with backgrounds in military or government service. We look for candidates who want to embrace our culture, our philosophy and our mission to prepare and strengthen our nation and our communities.
Our team has been recognized repeatedly for excellence in job performance and client satisfaction. Whether you’re a client or an employee, your success is our success.
We don’t just say we want our employees to thrive; we create an environment that fosters growth and provides stability. That’s why we partnered with the top carriers in the nation to build one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in our industry.
- Carefirst BCBS Medical plans (PPO, POS, HMO)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) retirement matching programs
- Employer-paid dental and vision insurance
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- TriCare Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition and Training Reimbursement
The secret to our success is attracting and retaining high caliber talent. If you have a passion for learning, love to tackle challenges and want to work for a company that values you and your contributions – MSA is your place!
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.