Salary: $88,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
We are looking for a motivated, tech savvy candidate to support the continuity and emergency management program for one of our federal client’s. The candidate must have solid knowledge of Continuity of Operations (COOP), Emergency Services and Continuity of Government (COG) and be familiar with Federal emergency management policies and concepts, including Presidential Policy Directive (PPD) 40 and Federal Continuity Directives (FCDs) 1 and 2.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing onsite support to a Federal government client in the areas of COOP and occupant emergency programs.
- Identifying and advising client regarding emergency management and business continuity best practices.
- Implementing risk mitigation and business resiliency strategies.
- Assisting federal client to manage emergencies and coordinate after action reviews to identify areas for improvement.
- Promoting emergency awareness among the workforce.
- Coordinating efforts of stakeholders across the organization.
- Developing and maintaining program plans, policies, and procedures.
- Conducting business impact and business process analyses.
- Developing and facilitating group training courses and briefings.
- Developing and delivering exercise programs in accordance with Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) principles and guidance.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters appreciated)
- US Citizenship required.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive experience in Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Continuity of Government (COG) w solid Emergency Services (2 yrs.).
- Familiarization with Federal emergency management policies and concepts, including Presidential Policy Directive (PPD) 40 and Federal Continuity Directives (FCDs) 1 and 2.
- Minimum of four (4) years progressive COOP (Federal Level Preferred)
- Three (3) or more years Emergency Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present to stakeholders.
- Experience on Government projects required.
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Currently have or the ability to get Public Trust up to a SECRET clearance.
HIGHLY Preferred Qualification and Skills:
- Master’s degree.
- OEP Planning, Physical Safety Inspections and working with OSHA 6005/1910 directives
- BIA/BPA planning
- Overseas Contingency Operation Planning
- Public speaking and the ability to provide SME based instruction from contract and staff level to senior leadership
- Active Public Trust desirable (my client can also hold a higher clearance)
- More than three (3) years of experience related to a government consulting or homeland security environment preferred, preferably in mission-critical or operational roles.
- Federal continuity certification, FEMA Professional Development Series, and HSEEP training.
- Knowledge working in SharePoint, or a similar collaboration environment.
- Experience with emergency communications systems.