Man-Machine Systems Assessment (MSA) is an award-winning, Woman-Owned Small Business celebrating over 29 years in business. MSA is passionate about the Warfighter and the preparedness of our nation; working diligently to evaluate defense systems, ensure continuity of operations and support mission essential programs.
Led by President and CEO, Lilly Harris, MSA’s senior management team is experienced in supporting virtually every size and type of government contract.
MSA was founded in El Paso, Texas in 1990 and has team members located throughout the United States to best support client needs. MSA has offices in El Paso, TX; Arlington, VA and Aberdeen, MD.
MSA is well versed in government contract management for a wide variety of contract types. We have built a reputation as a reliable partner for clients in defense, civil government and private organizations. Since 1990, we have executed over 55 prime contracts and task orders in the areas of Operational Test and Evaluation, Human Factors Engineering, CBRNE Force Protection and Emergency Management.
Our values provide the framework for leadership and exceptional service that our clients, our partners and our team members have come to expect.
- Honesty, Integrity and Respect – Our business depends on the trust of our partners, maintaining that trust is of the utmost importance to us.
- Commitment to Client Success – We cannot succeed if our clients don’t thrive; your success is our success.
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation – The world never stops changing, and we never stop evolving.
- Exceeding Expectations – For our clients and our employees, we push ourselves to go beyond what is required, delivering exceptional service.
- Community Service & Corporate Responsibility – We are in the business of strengthening our country, and we believe that strong communities make for a strong nation.
Meet the Family Behind MSA
Every company needs a vision to guide its growth, its success and its mission. From the beginning, Man- Machine Systems Assessment has been inspired by the concept of family and leaving the world a better place.
Cal Harris started MSA in 1990 after a long career in the Navy and more than ten years as a consultant working with government contractors. He believed in service to his clients and to his employees and wanted to create an environment where the two halves of a company would thrive.
MSA has grown strategically over the years, focusing on agile client service and building a solid foundation for its employees. Low turnover rates ensure that our clients receive unfaltering, exceptional service from the MSA team. We seek opportunities to work with new clients and partners, but we take pride in the fact that so much of our business comes from established client relationships.
Today, Cal’s vision is carried on by Lilly Harris in her role as President and CEO. For Lilly, MSA has always been about family—both of her parents played pivotal roles in the company over the last two decades.
Lilly has worn many hats at MSA, serving as marketing director, HR director, chief financial officer and executive vice president. Since taking the reins in 2008, she has expanded MSA’s core offerings, increased revenue, and streamlined operations.
“What started as a small dream has evolved into an industry leader, dedicated to customer satisfaction by investing in the creativity and ingenuity of its employees…” – Lilly Harris, HEQ Magazine.
Awards and Recognition
We are honored and humbled by all of the recognition we have received from our community throughout the years.
- FedFem Award — LeadersNest, October 2018
- Top Family – Owned Businesses in DC — SmartCEO, May 2016
- Brava! Award Winner — SmartCEO, July 2011
- Women Who Mean Business Rising Star — Washington Business Journal, October 2009
- 40 under 40 Readers Choice Winner — Washington Business Journal, October 2011
- Executive Management Awards (Joe Loya, CFO) — SmartCEO, March 2013
- Smart 100 — SmartCEO, March 2011
- Minority Business Leader— Washington Business Journal, April 2010
- Top 500 Women-Owned Businesses in the US — Diversity Magazine, April 2011
- Top 100 8(a) Businesses in the US — Diversity Magazine, April 2011
- Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in 2011 — Hispanic Business, September 2011
- Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Business in America — Inc. Magazine, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015
- Top 500 Hispanic – Owned Business in America — Hispanic Business, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015
- AFCEA Heroine in Technology Finalist — October 2011
- El Paso District 8(a) Graduate of the Year — SBA, October 2012
- Profile: Lilly Harris and MSA “Creating the Future“ Profiles in Success, March 2018
- Profile: “All in the Family” — SmartCEO, September 2012
- Profile: “Minority business success: Persistence in tough times” — El Paso Times, October 2012
- Profile: “Holding Her Own” — Hispanic Executive, January 2011
- Profile: Lilly Harris and MSA —Leaders Portfolio Radio, May 2011
- Profile: Lilly Harris and MSA— Executive Leaders Radio, January 2011, January 2015, January 2018
- Profile: “Ten Tech CEO’s You Should Know in 2011” — SmartCEO, February 2011
- Interview: Agencies Review Continuity plans as hurricane nears— Federal News Radio, August 2011
- Interview: “Million Dollar Panel” — Virginia Women’s Business Conference, November 2012