MSA remains passionate about supporting our Warfighters and contributing to the preparedness of our nation; working diligently to evaluate defense systems, ensuring continuity of operations while supporting mission essential programs critical to our national security. To that end, we have developed a range of services to meet the needs of our clients.
Test and Evaluation
- T&E Program Planning
- Development and Operational Testing
- Suitability Evaluation
- Human Systems Integration
- Integrated Product Support
MSA has supported the evaluation of more than 400 Defense Systems. Our experience covers all phases of system evaluation and the DoD acquisition process. Our technical experts can provide you with unbiased guidance and help make the most of your investment.
Ballistic Missile Defense MSA provides T&E support to our nation’s Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) by assessing the suitability, effectiveness, survivability, and interoperability of these systems. Our analysts employ test data in combination with relevant threat intelligence information to evaluate system performance.
Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Defense (CBRND) Systems and Force Protection MSA supports clients in evaluating the technical and operational performance of CBRND systems and Installation/Base Force Protection systems. Our analysts have witnessed and participated in hundreds of trials of chemical/biological systems, ranging from Advanced Technology Demonstrations to simulation trials.
Human Systems Integration By analyzing a system’s HSI areas, we inform the government of progress being made and make recommendations for process improvement or system design improvement. We prepare inputs to formal evaluation reports for the aspects of human integration. We are recognized experts in subjective data requirement development, user survey development, and processing and analysis of subjective and objective data.
Integrated Suitability and Evaluation The primary goal is to create systems that last longer and require less support, allowing you to achieve a higher return on the long-term investment. The suitably process informs the generation of supportability requirements, optimizes or simplifies equipment operation and maintenance, and identifies how acquisitions can be integrated to minimize costs and streamline workflow.
How we support our Clients:
- Provide Subject Matter Experts in ballistic missile, radiation/nuclear technology, human factors, statisticians, and numerical analysis.
- Assist clients with the implementation and administration of tests and evaluations, while providing technical guidance at every step of the acquisition cycle.
- Provide input regarding how the testing should be conducted and which features should be demonstrated (as in a logistics demonstration) as part of every test or demonstration.
- Provide input on process improvements and development of new tools for more accurate or efficient assessments. Many of these aids come in the form of database management tools based on the client’s existing infrastructure.
- Support the writing and revision of multiple evaluation process documents: Test & Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), Operational Maintenance & Repair plan (OMAR), Capabilities & Limitations Report (CLR), etc.
- Exercise Design, Development and Support
- Continuity of Operations
- Occupant Emergency Planning
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Occupational Health and Safety
One of the best ways to measure readiness is through drills, wargaming, and exercises. MSA has lead, designed, facilitated, and controlled over 100 full-scale, functional, and tabletop exercises.
From supporting the 2017 Presidential Inauguration to operational planning for the 2015 Papal Visit to designing/developing high-quality training for first responders in the DC Metrorail environment, MSA has the tools and strategies to help your organization prepare for the worst case scenarios.
Federal Continuity of Operations (COOP) MSA provides the requisite knowledge and credentials to design and develop plans, policies, protocols and procedures to comply or exceed requirements in Federal Continuity Directives and other applicable Federal regulations.
MSA has extensive experience designing Multi-Year Strategy and Program Management Plans (MYSPMP) that form a five-year roadmap to achieve short- and long-term continuity goals and objectives.
Occupant Emergency Planning An Occupant Emergency Plan (OEP) minimizes the negative impact of emergencies to personnel and property. We provide guidance and support through every phase of the OEP development process, using industry best-practices and collaborating with local first responders, law enforcement, public works entities and other building tenants.
Critical Infrastructure Protection Planning for response and recovery is only half the solution; the other half is preventing disruption and protecting infrastructure. MSA can develop, update and maintain your Critical Infrastructure Protection program. We provide: risk and vulnerability assessment, gap analysis, strategic recommendations for implementation plans. As well as project management and coordination with multiple jurisdictions.
Exercise Design, Development, and Support MSA has extensive experience performing training and conducting exercises with organizations of all sizes, ranging from large Federal agencies, to multinational border security initiatives to higher education. Our preparedness training and exercises are customized to meet the needs of your organization.
Occupational Health and Safety Program Support MSA supports the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) program objectives for federal clients on multiple levels, such as policy development, training, program documentation, programmatic outreach, compliance reporting, OSH committees support, and program documentation.
How we support our clients:
- Continuously update and refine COOP and create annual awareness training sessions.
- Design and conduct HSEEP compliant exercises to include the annual FEMA coordinated continuity exercise.
- Design, develop, and conduct health and safety training.
Small Business NAICS:
- 541330 (Primary) – Engineering Services up to 16.5M. Exception A up to 41.5M for Engineering for Military and Aerospace Equipment and Military Weapons
- 541990 All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services up to 16.5M.
- 541712 Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Biotechnology) up to 1,000 employees.
- 541711 Research and Development in Biotechnology up to 1,000 employees.
- 541611 – Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services up to 16.5M.
- 561499 – All Other Business Support Services up to 16.5M.